Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 30 May 2011

Crab Apple - Bottle C1, 30th May 2011

I was greeted by a glass of Crab Apple wine as soon as I walked through the door this evening, and very welcome it was too. The day has been spent intermittently concentrating extremely hard, spliced with sitting still, trying to make no noise whatsoever. Both activities are surprisingly exhausting.

I am recording a CD of music that Richard Morris has written for the last 25 years of St Dogmaels' Abbey Shakespeare Plays. He is an extraordinarily well-connected man, and Paul Daniel is conducting. I suspect this is a step or two down from English National Opera and Last Night of the Proms, but it is hugely exciting for someone as easily impressed as I am. I will certainly buy a copy of the CD when it is out, and probably get one for my mother too.

Perhaps finishing the bottle of Crab Apple tonight was an error - I still have a couple of numbers to record tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment