Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 13 May 2011

Redcurrant - Bottle B6, 12th & 13th May 2011

This wine really is not very good. Though the initial taste is pleasant, it degrades quickly into mustiness. Still, it is a pretty colour. In fact, a glass of this acted as a 'stunt double' for strawberry wine. I needed to send photographs to Home Farmer Magazine for my July article, which is all about wine from strawberries. This bottle was conveniently open, so Claire poured a glass, put it into our wild strawberry patch and took a photo. The readers will never know.



Thursday night's glass (and a half) was after playing trios with Pat and Peter, which were mostly okay, and tonight's has been after a rehearsal with the Harrogate Quintet, which was good. We are practising for a concert to be put on by the Killinghall Flower Society to be held in the parish church. I suggested we play arrangements of 'In an English Country Garden', 'Tiptoe through the Tulips' and 'Lily the Pink' but this was given short shrift.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so I hadn't realised you'd put this image in before I commented on your 'raspberry' post...sorry! keep the pics coming though, they're very useful.

    ReplyDelete