Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 16 June 2011

Prune & Parsnip - Bottle 1, 15th-16th June 2011

On our way back from WYSO on Wednesday night, Claire started complaining of a tickly sore throat. Something medicinal was required, and Prune & Parsnip was just the job.

This bottle was better than either the previous two; sweeter, more rounded; so I wonder if letting it age has helped. It continues to taste like a superior sherry and it helped Claire's nascent illness. (Quick aside - I have just made my wife shriek in terror by bringing her an unexpected mug of bush tea.)

We finished the bottle to an extraordinarily colourful meal involving cous-cous with spiced kumquats, a beetroot and dill salad, aduki bean burgers, tomato and cumin seed sauce, and homegrown lettuce. Delicious and mostly prepared by me. I shall leave the washing up for Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment