Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Crab Apple - Bottle C6, 6th-7th July 2011

This was a nearly explosive mid-week bottle. We came back from our last regular WYSO rehearsal before the concert, deciding that a nightcap would be Just the Thing.

Our cellist soloist turned up on Wednesday and he is how I imagine angels must be - masculine, bearing a shock of unruly dark blond hair, and Scottish. He played the Elgar beautifully and I look forward to Saturday's concert.

When I opened the bottle the wine gushed out and my usual trick (that never works) of trying to catch the wine in my mouth did not work. I lost about half a glass before pouring some into the first receptacle that came to hand - my breakfast tea mug - but thereafter no wine was wasted. I say that, but there is currently a quarter inch left in the bottle which is mostly sediment and the plug-hole will be its destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment