Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 29 July 2011

Prune & Parsnip - Bottle 3, 28th-29th July 2011

I am now officially on holiday. Three cheers. It does translate, though, into a busy week before. Tonight, I got away from work at 7, and I shall try not to think about it over the next eight days. I shall, of course, fail. But I came home, knowing that a glass of Prune & Parsnip would be thrust into my hand as I walked through the door. And so it proved.

My first glass tonight was drunk as we harvested the last of the blackcurrants. This year our bushes have yielded a pound and ten ounces - which is not nearly enough for a batch of pure blackcurrant wine, but it does mean that I am liable to experiment with Crab Apple & Blackcurrant come October.

3 comments:

  1. I do like the idea of parsnip wine; how well does it work with prunes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prune and parsnip wine is one of my regulars. It tastes like a dry sherry. But is much, much cheaper. Definitely one to give a go.

    ReplyDelete