Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 27 August 2011

Blackberry - Bottle A6, 27th August 2011

Tonight's bottle could not have been anything else but Blackberry. I have the bramble scratches and nettle stings to prove it.

Much of the day has been spent in York's Victorian Cemetery - a beautiful, peaceful and somewhat overgrown place - picking blackberries. And most the remainder has been spent turning them into next year's wine. If it matches this batch I will be delighted. Whilst I note I was disappointed with the last bottle, this one has been excellent: drier than previous years' blackberry wines but just as packed with fruit. Maybe Batch A of the 2010 vintage is better than Batch B. Or perhaps my expectations were more realistic.

We drank this bottle to a fabulous meal of haloumi fried with chilli and lemon juice, courgettes stuffed with rice soaked in pomegranate syrup and possibly the last of this year's salad from the garden. And then we watched the first of the new series of Doctor Who, which - unlike the last episode of the last series - was entirely satisfactory. Smiley Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment