Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 10 December 2011

Gooseberry - Bottle B1, 8th-9th December 2011

The Ambridge Job Fairy exists in real life and has paid me a visit. Not just a quiet visit with a brief nod of the head, but a raucous visit with a cheery 'Hello' and an armful of presents. Darren has taken me on as his in-house lawyer with bells on. He wants me to train as an accountant too, so that I can throw myself into the financial side of his company. And I am to learn about every aspect of house building so that I understand the business. It is exciting and out of my comfort zone, which has to be a Good Thing.

The gooseberry wine was opened in celebration and it is only a little disappointing, given the circumstances, that it has acquired the redcurrant dead mouse taste.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news, Ben. I know it will make your Christmas more joyful. It's too bad about the gooseberry wine, though. I think I would have been tempted to abandon it and open a bottle of the beautiful blackberry or the boisterous bonfire instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joan. It is, indeed, wonderful - and will very possibly have made the last two weeks of unhappiness worth it. Abandoning wine goes against the grain, and I only reserve that for the truly awful. For example, I will get through all bottles of nasty redcurrant, because it is nowhere near as bad as either the Potato or the Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete