Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Crab Apple Wine - Bottle B2, 31st March 2012

The final bottle of Crab Apple 2010 ended in dramatic fashion.

I took this with me to an extended family gathering at Great Hucklow. Shortly after finishing the bottle we all gathered outside in the evening sunlight for a family photo. Except my mother was not there. She had gone to get her shoes. My father, being an impatient soul - a trait I have inherited - decided after thirty seconds that she was taking too long, and strode off to find her. He caught his sandal on a step and went sprawling, wine glass in hand. There was a simultaneous sound of collective gasp and shattering glass. Anne said "He's hit his head" and it was clear that blood was flowing from this crumpled heap. Happily, Anne was wrong and all he had done was cut his hand badly.

Pop was carted off to Casualty whilst the rest of us (except Mom, who went with him) ate and played games and generally had an excellent time.

Government Health Warning: Crab Apple Wine can cause Serious Injury.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Dear Ben, I am so telling your dad that you called his body a 'crumpled heap'!!!! (not really, v. funny tho'!) Carol

    ReplyDelete