Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Raspberry Wine - Bottle 2, 30th March 2012

This was the second bottle of my wine opened at Great Hucklow. It fizzed beautifully, and I poured the glasses carefully to ensure that everyone who wanted some got. Except Uncle Brian looked at me askance at his half measure and requested that I fill the glass properly. So I did.

I think raspberry was popular - certainly it should have been, as it is a lovely flavour - but I can't really remember as the evening rapidly descended into an alcoholic haze.

We finished this in the sitting room - all 22 of us - before dinner. The weekend as a whole was fabulous. Everyone had a splendid time, catching up with all their relatives, and I met a couple of first-cousins-once-removed for the first time. It should not have taken David's death as a catalyst to organise it. I was told he would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment