Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Crab Apple Wine - 4th Bottle (B6) 29th-30th May 2012

Claire announced on Tuesday evening that she had been chilling a bottle of crab apple wine. Rather than being pleased on hearing this, my immediate thought was "Did we not have one of those just a few days ago?" However, this did not stop me opening and enjoying it. Despite being just that little too sweet, it is very drinkable. This particular bottle had huge amounts of sediment which, due to the wine's fizz, was unavoidable.

Wednesday's glass was drunk after our last WYSO rehearsal before the Pontefract Castle concert. I was not heartened to learn that 2,000 people are coming, and that every player will be wearing a microphone. Therefore, I cannot swear when I go wrong, or count bars' rest out loud. Damn and blast. The orchestra as a whole was sounding unsure and under-rehearsed. It will be one of those 'skin of the teeth' concerts. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment