Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Redcurrant Wine - First Bottle (1), 22nd-24th June 2012

Redcurrant is redeemed. After a frankly disappointing batch from 2010, the first bottle of Redcurrant 2011 is actually quite good. If you concentrate really hard there is a trace of mustiness, but that can be ignored. It has both sharpness and depth and is, of course, a splendid colour.

I drank half of the bottle whilst Claire was out playing 'Ludlow and Team'. It was a rare night in by myself and rather than taking the opportunity to do something self improving and worthy, I watched Episodes and Pointless.

We finished the bottle tonight following a gin & tonic in the garden, where the sky has turned a strange blue colour and there is a large yellow circular thing, which I am told is called 'The Sun'.

No comments:

Post a Comment