Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 26 July 2012

Christmas Tutti Fruti - 7th bottle (B1), 22nd July 2012

Generally Richard prefers his wines white, but as I had not had the foresight to put any in the fridge, he got Christmas Tutti Fruti instead. We spent a pleasant evening at Richard and Linda's eating lots of fine food. For once, I came away without clutching my stomach and groaning that I ate too much. It was a close run thing, though.

We had a starter of mushrooms and prawns in cream sauce, followed by cannelloni stuffed with goats cheese and spinach in a tomato sauce and a green salad, and finished off with a warm cherry and cinnamon cake garnished with ice-cream. Really rather delicious - as was the wine, which from a high base level manages to improve with age. It is a shame, therefore, that I was driving and only had one glass.

2 comments:

  1. Am so jealous, Ben. Am mostly eating noodles followed by Bourbon biscuits for afters. Something has gone wrong somewhere...

    oh, p.s. if you go here www.amazon.com/author/traceyhenzell you'll see the book I've self pubbed (after my agent passed on it). Rather nice picture of one of my foster dogs as a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carol - what you need to do is find some vegetarian friends who love cooking, and then you will be sorted for the food. I have just checked Amazon (though in my father's name) and 'liked' your book. I don't have a kindle, though. Can I buy it and down load it onto my computer without? I will try that when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete