Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Elderflower Wine - Second Bottle (A5), 6th July 2012

"In July the Sun is hot. Is it shining? No it's not." What Flanders and Swan failed to mention (in this couplet at least) was the monsoon like rain. It poured all day, soaking me on my walk to work. I tried to remind myself what summer felt like by drinking elderflower wine. It worked - by late evening the rain stopped. Claire and I took advantage of this respite and made a circular walk round the neighbourhood - the midpoint being Little Sainsbury's where we bought an unhealthy and luxurious pudding. Water was flooding down the streets, treating the gutters and drains with disdain. We returned home with our New York cheesecake and finished the bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment