Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Crab Apple & Strawberry Wine - Second Bottle (5), 26th August 2012

Claire said that we needed an aperitif bottle if the fridge for Lambert's visit on Sunday evening and I told her she had a free choice of flavour. She chose 'Crab Apple & Strawberry' and I felt a look of extreme anguish pass over my face. We weren't meant to start this wine until October, and here we are on the second bottle already.

Lambert has a sophisticated palate and took his tasting seriously. He commented on the wine's acidity, its metal and its bitterness. One might suspect that he didn't like it, but he had several glasses. This could have been good manners of course. But this is clearly one of Claire's favourite flavours and I already have strawberries in the freezer for later in the year.

                                                          *

As a quick aside, and nothing to do with my wine, I have had an article published by the On-line magazine, The Foodie Bugle, all about vegan cake. Have a read by clicking here - and do feel free to tweet it!

No comments:

Post a Comment