Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 5 August 2012

Elderflower Wine - Third Bottle (B5), 1st August 2012

Wednesdays at Rydal are our free days, where there is no morning rehearsal. If the weather is good it is an opportunity to go on a long walk in the hills. Our walk today was on the shorter side of ideal. It was still worth doing though; up the Lion and Lamb from Grasmere. Then in the evening we played  Saint-SaĆ«ns' cello concerto with a hugely talented 15 year old - Eliza - as the soloist. She played with enviable skill and grace and I think is destined for great things.

As it had been a Good Day I opened this bottle of elderflower to share round the orchestra, though I drank about half. The vicar was particularly impressed, commenting on its green, open flavour. Which sounds good, even if I don't know what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment