Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 27 August 2012

Rhubarb Wine - Fourth Bottle (A2), 22nd-25th August 2012

Rhubarb wine is a dependable if not particularly interesting bottle. I enjoy its fizz and pinkness, though both are subtle, and otherwise it is a dry white, which is no bad thing.

My need for a glass on Thursday was pronounced. I had just made that mackerel, onion and olive dish from The River Cottage Year and I'm not that comfortable with cooking fish. There was also a timing issue - making sure the potatoes, beans and cous-cous with salted lemons were all ready together - which I always find difficult. But rhubarb wine helped - as I think it would with many of life's problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment