Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 15 September 2012

Elderberry Wine - First Bottle (B6), 9th September 2012

On Sunday night all I really wanted to do was sit quietly and not have to concentrate. Claire and I had spent the day - and in fact the weekend - playing Der Rosenkavalier with the Northern Wagner Orchestra. It is difficult and demanding music, and Sunday was the full run through. By the end of the first act my brain hurt and there was still another two hours to go. Therefore, coming home to the first bottle of a new batch of elderberry wine was just the thing. We drank it with a pork chilli and Mexican beans with guacamole, assembled by Claire. The wine is excellent - and for once does not feel too young, though I am sure aging will only make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment