Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 6 October 2012

Gooseberry & Elderflower - Fourth Bottle (1), 29th September 2012

We have finished September's wine ration and are now taking an advance on October. Our meal started with globe artichokes and lemon butter, followed by plaice, new potatoes and vegetables in a sorrel sauce, and I gave Claire a free choice at the wine.

Gooseberry & Elderflower is always a winner, and went particularly well with the meal - its sharpness complemented all the flavours.

We spent the rest of the evening waiting for Doctor Who to be available on i-player, and then watching it when it finally arrived. I had been worried about the episode, it being the Pond's last one, but it was terrific. Well written, scary in places and with the best exit for Companions ever. I cried and Claire called me soppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment