Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Strawberry Wine - Third Bottle (1), 17th November 2012

I have always opened a bottle of Strawberry for the wine party. However, this year it may have lost its position as an unmissable wine. It came fifth out of seven bottles, with only Richard saying it was his favourite, and Duncan declaring it his worst. This did not stop Rachel and Duncan taking the rest of the bottle home with them at the end of the evening.

Jen thought strawberry wine tasted insipid, but she blamed that on the blackberry, which she had just tasted. When I invited Jen, I had no idea whether she would come, or if she did, would enjoy it. I had only met her once - at a YWO concert - but I knew she made wine and read my blog, and she just struck me as 'one of us'. I was right! She fit in perfectly, brought fabulous vegetable-based cakes and dashed off in Cinderella fashion at the end to catch her train with literally seconds to spare, leaving only a clotted cream fudge tin in place of a glass slipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment