Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Christmas Tutti Fruti - Fourth Bottle (A5), 16th-17th March 2013

I am an unsupportive and selfish husband. It was the Music Club AGM on Saturday. Claire, in her capacity as Membership Secretary, was obliged to go. I opened a bottle of Christmas Tutti Fruti and settled down to watch Groundhog Day instead. Non-specific apologies were sent, and for that reason I will appear in the minutes. The apologies had to be non-specific, because "I couldn't be arsed" would probably not go down well.

The wine was lovely and Groundhog Day is a good film, though less enjoyable on second viewing, even with a two decade gap. I, of course, saved a good deal of the bottle for Claire - I may be unsupportive and selfish but I am not a monster - and apparently the AGM was not as awful as feared. Most unusually for a Saturday night we retired to bed leaving a glass worth of wine in the bottle, which was quickly polished off on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment