Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Elderberry Wine - Seventh Bottle (A6), 23rd-24th March 2013

The scene from my bedroom window
I opened this bottle after our WYSO spring concert. Not that it feels like Spring. On the way up our street, the car got stuck on the snow and ice, and Claire spent ten minutes shovelling so I could get down the drive. Elderberry wine was her reward - and also our reward for the WYSO concert. It went remarkably well, all things considered, and we even got an audience, despite the snow. All my bassoon-prominent bits worked (though sending my thumb rest clattering to the ground during a quiet bit in the concerto was possibly more prominent than ideal). We got home too late to finish an entire bottle, so had the remainder on Sunday with a rabbit & prune casserole, which had Stan very excited.

1 comment: