Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Crab Apple Wine - Final Bottle (B3), 26th April 2013

It was Parent's Evening round at 3 Acacia Avenue* last night. Bob, Judith and Mom were all in attendance to check Claire's culinary skills and the progress I had made in wine-making. I opened my final bottle of Crab Apple for the occasion to universal acclaim. It fizzed nicely and distinctly apple in taste. It lasted the time taken to eat our starter and then retire to the sofa while Claire beavered away in the kitchen.

The starter was patra and salad in a tamarind sauce. Patra is wonderful stuff, even though all you need to make it is a tin opener - and I don't really know what it is. Some green leaf, filled with something spicy which has substance. Other than that, I am lost.

And so this batch of wine comes to and end, and I have yet to bottle 2012's version. For the moment we are crabappleless.

*This is not my real address.

No comments:

Post a Comment