Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Elderberry Wine - Eighth bottle (A1), 26th April 2013

This was our second (and - for the sake of propriety - final) bottle of the evening. With Claire's parents and my mother round, Claire cooked a feast of curry and I judged that elderberry would be the right bottle, with its near-sweet and biting taste. And what a feast. We had a fabulous mutton rogan josh (which for me was the highlight), a dall, a spinach and onion curry, and one involving black-eyed beans in a yellow sauce. All of it was wonderful, and there are disappointingly few leftovers.

In a change to tradition I tackled the washing up rather than leave it for Saturday morning, though I did have to tell Bob to stop bringing in more dishes from the table as it was not helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment