Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Celery Wine - Second Bottle (6), 6th-10th May 2013

Celery wine was not popular. I brought it with me on our holiday in a Gloucestershire cottage. In company where bottles of wine have been emptied in seconds, this took five days to drink. Claire declared it the worst wine I have ever made and Duncan pulled remarkable faces. However, it did have its defenders, who described it as only disappointing.

On Friday night, when all other options for alcohol had been drunk, Nick suggested that he and I finish off the Celery, rather than pour it down the sink. It seemed like a sensible suggestion at the time, and in fact age had not withered it. If anything, it was slightly more palatable, and we had a pleasant half hour chatting about prehistoric man.

No comments:

Post a Comment