Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 19 May 2013

Crab Apple Wine - First Bottle (B6), 15th-16th May 2013

I am disappointed with this vintage of crab apple. It is drinkable but little more. There is no fizz, which is a pity, and the overall impression is one of unexciting tartness. As I get older it appears I like my wine sweeter. Hey ho. Claire is less damning than I and in fact thinks it quite good.  My prediction is that this will remain a mid-week bottle, generally opened after WYSO and finished on a Thursday. Maybe there is too much that is routine in my life. Anyway, that is what happened with this bottle. Thursday's glass was drunk to the best Doctor Who in the current series in which our hero was imperiled by cybermen. Episodes involving cybermen are nearly always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment