Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Gooseberry Wine - Final Bottle (6), 8th May 2013

This final bottle of gooseberry wine came immediately after a local cider tasting session. We are staying for a week in the Forest of Dean and I bought three bottles of Wye Valley cider after a seven mile walk round Tintern Abbey. The first tasted of vinegar and they went downhill from there. It was suggested that I had chosed specially so that the gooseberry wine would be a welcome relief afterwards. In fact the wine was enjoyed by all, with good reason, though there was something a little musty on the nose. Of all the bottles I have brought with me on our holiday this has so far been the best. The celery remains half drunk, and I can safely predict that the remainder will go down the sink.

A view from our walk

No comments:

Post a Comment