Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 26 May 2013

Tea Wine - Final Bottle (2), 22nd-23rd May 2013

Claire has given me specific instructions to write 'Never Again' in my diary, so that when in the future I check how to make Tea Wine, I realise that it is a better idea not to. I suspect this was my last ever bottle of this flavour. It was a worthy experiment - repeated from 2006 (I think) - and having made tea wine twice, it can safely be removed from the list.

In fact, this bottle was an improvement from the last, but it is too sweet, cloying and strong - without being entirely unpleasant. It began life as a post-WYSO bottle. Amy turned up, which was lovely, and I was praised for a straightforward crescendo on a B natural while all around me people were playing fiddly semiquavers.

This evening I began drinking just as the vegetarian shepherd's pie was coming out of the oven and I was filling the kitchen with smoke by cooking aubergines on a hot griddle. I only now realise that I forgot the lemon juice. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment