Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 24 June 2013

Orange Wine - Fourth Bottle (B6), 16th June 2013

This batch of orange wine is one of the best that I have made. There is an absence of bitterness, and it has a clear, open taste. It was our Sunday night bottle and unusually our meal was 'The Sick and the Weak', postponed from Friday because that was my birthday. The elderly vegetables were transformed into a Chinese stew with noodles and Actively Delicious Bean Curd (shallow fried with a flour and pepper coating). Orange wine goes particularly well with Chinese food, and I am unsure as to why this should be.

After eating we finished the bottle to a couple of episodes of Absolutely Fabulous. It was a birthday present. I had asked for the first ever episode of Doctor Who but Claire couldn't find it, so bought this as a substitute. I suspect motives of self interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment