Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 3 June 2013

Quince Wine - Fourth Bottle (3), 29th-31st May 2013

I went out on Wednesday for a WYSO social, allowing Claire quality time with her viola and a bottle of quince wine. On my return I noticed that only a glass-worth had been removed. Quince is proving to be a less than lovely wine.

We each had some on Thursday, once I was back from Pat & Peter's, making sure the wine was laced with syrup. Then I finished the bottle on Friday.

Its problem is that it is too dry, it has failed to clear, and there is a bitter undertaste partly obscured by the floral taste of quince. Actually, that is three problems, and a three problem wine is best avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment