Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Exotic Tinned Fruit - Fourth Bottle (B6), 7th August 2013

It is a rare occasion that a bottle of my wine ends up down the sink. This was one such occasion. When I put a cork in this bottle several months ago, my piece of string snapped and I left it dangling in the wine (held tightly by the cork) rather than redo the process. This proved to be a mistake. Wine somehow travelled up the string over time, leaving a fifth of the bottle empty. The resulting wine, whilst beautifully clear, was horrid. Really nasty. I could only drink one large glass.

"Let that be a lesson to us," I commented to Claire. She questioned the use of the first person plural. In future it is probably worth spending that extra ten pence on a new cork. Being miserly is not always a Good Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment