Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 8 February 2014

Blackcurrant & Red Gooseberry Wine - Fourth Bottle (4), 1st February 2014

I had the lion's share of this bottle. It was a post-Music Club event, and a Music Club where I played a Beethoven Trio with Pat & Peter. Earlier in the day I had suggested to Claire that I put two bottles to one side - something nice and something nasty - and we could open the one which best suited the performance. Claire, reasonably, questioned why she should be punished twice.

In fact, the performance went as well as it ever realistically was going to go, so I came away pleased. Lots of people said nice things about it. Therefore I think I was justified in drinking more of this than was strictly fair. It is an excellent bottle of wine - one of my very best.



(This is not us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment