Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 13 February 2014

Exotic Tinned Fruit Wine - Eighth Bottle (B5), 5th-8th February 2014

Now that January has passed we can drink mid-week again. In fact, I paid less than lip-service to this rule, but Claire stuck to it. Therefore, this bottle was our first post-WYSO bottle of 2014. It has taken several days to finish, but that is not a comment on its quality. This wine is on the bland side of fine, with only a hint of exotic about it. It is more a comment on not having had a free evening. On Thursday I was coming back from April's funeral in Reading, which was emotionally very tough though I am extremely pleased I went. Friday was Book Group, where I rarely impose my wine. We were discussing The Rainbow, which I found tedious - too much thrusting and fecundity and far too little plot or dialogue. The wine was finished tonight, Saturday, as a prelude to roast chicken and an entire bottle of Blackberry.



No comments:

Post a Comment