Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 24 April 2014

Ginger Wine - Third Bottle (2), 18th April 2014

We are in Newcastle for the Easter break and I brought a bottle of Ginger with me. The weather has been splendid. When we eventually arrived I sat in the back yard, soaking up sunshine and reading The Cruel Sea. However, the journey up was frustrating - there was a ten mile traffic jam which took an hour to get through. I stayed in moderate temper by listening to Classic FM's annual top 300 countdown and being snarky.

Anyway, I was disappointed with this bottle of Ginger - it tasted too much of lemons and not enough of its eponymous ingredient. Bob & Judith both said they like it and I believe them, but of the three bottles of this flavour so far, this has been the worst.







NB - Today (24 April) someone has picked up my blog and posted it here: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=97209 . Which is nice. And has resulted in 100s of hits.

Favourite comment so far: "Ben sounds like a prententious prat". Moi?

And I genuinely like Pazerlenis's comment (and suspect s/he would be disappointed if I did not comment on his/her comment commenting on my comment commenting on the comment above).

No comments:

Post a Comment