Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Strawberry Wine - Fifth Bottle (2), 4th April 2014

The Extended Family Gathering was such a success two years ago (despite my father's journey in an ambulance to Casualty) that we have done it all again, and I am writing this in Great Hucklow, Derbyshire. I have brought several bottles of wine, and strawberry was the first opened. Many of the relatives got to try some and all were polite. Anne (of the David variety - my father's sister's first son's wife) was dubious on first taste but became a fan thereafter.

It was a lovely evening, working my way round the cousins while waiting for my immediate family to arrive. Everyone is so clearly pleased that I organised it all and I feel that I have genuinely done a Good Thing.

The Nightingale Centre, where we stayed

No comments:

Post a Comment