Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 3 May 2014

Blackberry Wine - Fourteenth Bottle (B1), 25th April 2014

Blackberry wine is always a Good Bottle, but this wine has been fabulous. The taste is pure bramble. Whenever anyone asks what is my favourite wine, I tell them that it is blackberry, and this bottle justifies it. There should be some special occasion, but in fact it is a very ordinary Friday night. I have spent much of it chatting companionably with Claire - and that is always lovely. Friday evenings are a time to reflect on the week gone by and to wash it away with the blur that is summoned by a bottle of wine. But now I am at the 'go to bed' or 'be sociable' cusp, and I think 'sleep' is taking the upper hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment