Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 16 May 2014

Julia's Wines - Gooseberry (Unknown Vintage), 10th-11th May 2014

The first bottle out of the box was a litre of gooseberry wine. It is not marked by a year, but judging from the others it will have been early nineties.

Claire took the first sip and I asked her "Drink or down the sink?". It was a definite "Drink" and irritatingly far, far better than my bottle of gooseberry that we had just finished. It was sweeter, more rounded and with a hint of sherry. Remarkably drinkable. If this is any indication of the remaining bottles then I have struck gold. Julia - thank you so much for everything.

A Pyramid of Arts creation - the charity that Julia began

No comments:

Post a Comment