Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 29 May 2014

Rose Petal Wine - First Bottle (A3), 8th May and 24th May 2014

8th May 2014
 
I left this bottle in the fridge at our holiday cottage in Millbeck, Cumbria. Rachel was very keen that I bring a bottle of Rose Petal to the Lake District, and she planned to drink a glass in the garden on our last night. However, Claire and I have come home a day early to say our goodbyes to Julia, who is dying in hospital. Rose Petal Wine seems less significant.


24th May 2014

Rachel saved this as she thought that it didn't seem right to drink it without us. We drank it in York at my parents', shared between nine. And it is fabulous. It has a fuller taste than my previous version, with just as much rose flavour. Duncan thought it sherry-like, and I will definitely make it again this year.

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment