Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Whitecurrant Wine - First Bottle (4), 4th July 2014

Claire chose Whitecurrant to go with our 'Fourth of July' meal. We dined on Boston Baked Beans, Potato Salad and Fried Chicken. I associate the last two of these with my Grandmother and Fourths of July spent in Nebraska. We then watched Planes, Trains & Automobiles as a suitably American movie, and it was thoroughly satisfying and effectively sentimental.

The wine is rather good. After my first sip, I counted to five and there was no musty aftertaste. It is dry and sharp, and there is at least a hint of real wine to it. Should I ever find another source of whitecurrants I shall certainly make it again.

If you want to find out how I made this wine, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment