Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Elderberry Wine - Fourth Bottle (A6), 17th January 2015

Claire went Waitrose-wards on Friday and came back with a duck for £8. She thinks that they probably had a job-lot to sell. Therefore, Saturday was our alternative to a Sunday Roast, and required something fruity, heavy and red. Elderberry was the only possible flavour and went perfectly. Duck, I think is my favourite meat and we opened a jar of gooseberry ketchup to go with it.

After the meal Claire retired to bed to read and I watched  Mapp & Lucia, which is a wonderful adaptation of the book. Miranda Richardson is superb.

Claire writes: The last glass was distinctly on the lumpy and chewy side.


No comments:

Post a Comment