Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 23 February 2015

Apple Wine - Third Bottle (2), 15th-18th February 2015

Claire suggested I surprise her by opening something nasty, so I picked this and made her guess the flavour. Other than the verdict of "slightly composty" she drew a blank. Even knowing it is apple wine, it is difficult to discern the apple taste, though I found this bottle entirely unobjectionable.

On Monday I discovered that I am fond of the cats after all, or at least of Stanley. He was ill - lethargic and uninterested in food - even tuna. He is over 15, and I worried that the time had come for the Big Sleep. I will miss him when that moment arrives. But on Tuesday he was back to his irritating yet newly endearing old self.

Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment