Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 17 May 2015

Blackcurrant & Raspberry Wine - First Bottle (A3), 8th May 2015

Julia died a year ago today, and we marked her passing with a bottle of the wine made from the fruit I found in her freezer when clearing the house. She would have been very happy that I put her frozen fruit to such good use. This wine is excellent: rich and rounded and fruity, at the right sweetness level and extremely drinkable.

We drank it in Suffolk on our first night of a holiday with Rachel, Duncan, Nick and Ann. The drive from Leeds to Aldeburgh took somewhat over five hours and, thankfully, was uneventful. Today's most notable event was a text from Ocado at 8 a.m. saying "We have cancelled your order. Operational Difficulties. Sorry." I was fuming, and sent them several e-mails telling them so.


If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment