Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 1 May 2015

Gooseberry & Elderflower - Tenth Bottle (A5), 20th-23rd April 2015

Another bottle of nasty gooseberry & elderflower dispensed with. Actually, it wasn't too bad - just bad enough. There is an underlying hint of bitterness and something a little cloying. Still drinkable, though.

This week has been a busy one, socially, for me. Orchestras started up again after Easter, I was in Ilkley on Tuesday, when this bottle was opened and then more wind quintets in Harrogate on Friday. That left Thursday to have my share of this wine. I had meant to be out drinking beer with a load of solicitors and other "professionals in the construction industry", and I even made it to the relevant pub. But on arriving I only recognised one person, realised that I didn't want to be there and walked out. Not a social triumph.


No comments:

Post a Comment