Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Monday 15 June 2015

Rose Petal Wine - First Bottle (A2), 6th June 2015

"This tastes like grandma used to smell." It is a pithy and evocative description from Sooz, but maybe not the one I was after. She followed it up by saying it reminded her of a bath she once had thirty years ago. I think both were meant well, and mostly commenting on this wine's perfumed taste. It is sweeter than 2013's batch and this makes the wine more immediately drinkable.

In other news, we spent the day travelling round North Yorkshire Open Studios, seeing lots of beautiful art. Claire and I were so taken with one piece - a fabric representation of a Burnett Moth wing by Kirsty Mason - that we bought it and it now sits above our fireplace.

If you want to see how I made this wine, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment