Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 18 March 2016

Rhubarb Wine - Ninth Bottle (B4), 11th March 2016

Helen, who I think has enjoyed my rhubarb wine in the past, said "Having known you for over ten years, I feel safe in asking for something different." I handed her a glass of real red. Maureen took a sip from the offending glass and gurned. I don't know what they're complaining about. The wine is pink, sparkling and dry and I think really rather nice. They know nothing.

It was Book Group round ours, where we were discussing Death and the Penguin by Andrey Kurkov. I voted it a 'Miss', but actually, having heard the discussion, began to change my mind. There is a depth and a coldness to it that have merit.



No comments:

Post a Comment