Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Friday 1 April 2016

Prune & Parsnip Wine 2015 - Second Bottle (B1), 23rd-25th March 2016

I opened this bottle needing a glass or two of wine. I'm not entirely sure, now, what that need was and worry (slightly) about alcoholism. But a very middle-class version where two glasses on a Wednesday night suffices.

Claire and I had a glass each on Thursday night before going to see Damned United at West Yorkshire Playhouse. This was masculine, sweaty theatre - intense and gripping (once I stopped concentrating on the football elements) with two terrific performances. After the play we sat in the the theatre bar, waiting for my parents to emerge from Great Expectations and had a lovely hour together, chatting.

The last dribble of wine was finished this afternoon as a sherry substitute after a sunny morning in the garden, mostly digging.


No comments:

Post a Comment