Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Rhubarb, Elderflower & Mint Wine - First Bottle (1), 30th April 2017

I have opened this bottle more than a month earlier than planned because I wanted to bring my very best wine with me on holiday. There are 12 of us staying in an isolated cottage (if a thirteenth arrives, we are likely to be characters in a 1930s murder-mystery) and so everyone had half a glass. The wine is refreshing, with elderflower being the dominant flavour. If one concentrates, the mint is apparent but it is a subtle taste. This wine was generally liked by the assembled throng, but no-one waxed lyrical about it being the best drink ever created.



If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment