Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Sunday 28 May 2017

Ugli Fruit Wine - First Bottle (1), 21st May 2017

Well, this is an unexpected delight. I had anticipated something rather less than middling at best and bloody awful at worst. What I have is a light and fresh citrus wine that has no hint of bitterness and that I would be proud to serve in company. Whilst this flavour will remain a one off, I think (and whisper it quietly) it may be even better than Orange Wine.

It was drunk at the end of a lovely, quiet weekend in which I exercised some previously unused gardening muscles removing ash saplings, buttercups, brambles and grasses from our front garden. It may not sound like heavy work (it wasn't) but I ache all over.



If you want to see how I made this wine, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment