Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 1 June 2017

Strawberry Wine 2014 - Final Bottle (1), 27th May 2017

I have come to the conclusion that home made wine falls into two categories: those that age well and those that do not. Strawberry is in the latter group. This bottle was okay, but I wouldn't have wanted to leave it much longer. It has developed that generic country wine taste, which borders on the sherry but where the original fruit flavour is masked. This was no longer the delicious strawberry wine that I remember.

We drank it in Rachel's garden - she is about to let the house, so this was a way to say goodbye. Actually, we only drank half of it there. The weather has turned - our brief summer ended - so we scuttled indoors for the remainder.


No comments:

Post a Comment